(Last update: )
Today, I finally rewrote this website adding some big changes I have been planning for a while:
- The web is generated statically using Kotlin
- The articles are written in Markdown
- Internalization support for the Kotlin templates and Markdown articles
- Templates are defined using the Kotlinx HTML DSL. (Similar to JSX but strongly typed)
- There is a dev server that reloads webpages as code changes (inspired on react-hot-loader)
These projects and ideas have influenced the design of my website:
- htmx AJAX, CSS Transitions, WebSockets and Server Sent Events directly in HTML, using attributes and reclaim HTML as the Hypermedia to be exchanged between browser and HTTP Server
- The Small Web: Aral Balkan and Laura Kalbag are building tools to promote independent web avoiding the centralized web and the problems it creates for democracy and society
- website < 14kb endtime.dev's article on the significant performance improvement that smaller web pages gain.
So there you have it, I think this changes will allow me to experiment and create more easily. We shall see...